Saturday, 7 February 2015

This Is A Test. Or, At Least A Quiz.

This is a test. For the next sixty (or thirty) seconds, this station will conduct a test of the Emergency Broadcast System. This is only a test.


If you are old enough to remember that then you are likely older than dirt.

In any event, I would like to run a little quiz here and ask you to take part.

It is not as easy to do here as I would want and I have to ask you all to play by the honor system and not look ahead too far.

I am going to give a series of hints one after another. I would like you to give your answer in the reply section with the hint number you are replying to. For example, if you think you know the answer after the firt hint then give the number 1 and your answer. If after the third hint then give your answer and the number 3, etc.

WHO AM I

  1. I was the most well known person in colonial America.
  2. I was close friends with Ben Franklin.
  3. I made 13 ocean crossings between the Colonies and England.
  4. It is said that 80% of Colonial America heard me speak.
  5. I regularly spoke to crowds of 30,000 and more.
  6. It can be argued that I had more influence on Colonoal America than anyone else.
  7. My first name was George.

And the answer ... George Whitfield.

No comments:

Post a Comment