Saturday, 7 February 2015

Am I Going To Have Fun With This

Am I ever going to have fun with this.

This is the anniversary of Tess' father's death and today is the day her family will have a Filipino styl prayer/open house service.

Tess spoke to one of her sisters last night and said she would send 5,000 pesos toward the cost today. I was the designated sender so this morning, while out with Scott for a coffee, I ran into Western Union to send the money. It was the middle of the night in the Philippines but I sent a text to her sister with the required Western Union information.

While serving up dinner for the old folks I had left my cell phone in my coat pocket and finally heard the Viber service ringing. I ran for the phone ... Tess' sister had been frantically calling ... about six times.

She couldn't get the money because her name had been spelled wrong on the Western Union ticket.
OMG. TESS IS GOING TO KILL ME.

I flew back down the hill to town making Western Union just before it closed. Then getting there I had forgotten my wallet and they needed my ID to make the change.

OMG. TESS IS GOING TO KILL ME.

I was finally able to give them my DL number and expiry date from memory but now the computer wouldn't take it.

OMG. TESS IS GOING TO KILL ME.

Finally the agent got Western Union on the phone and got the change made.

PHEW. MY ASS IS COVERED.

I went home and then called Tess' sister to tell her I was sorry. I know her name. I don't know how that happened but that it was fixed now. She could get the money.

Then I went looking for my wallet and pulled out the piece of paper that Tess had written her sister's name on so "you won't make a mistake."

I just about fell apart laughing. I had just handed the paper to the Western Union agent. She copied it from the paper.

It was Tess who had spelled her own sister's name wrong.


AM I EVER GOING TO HAVE FUN WITH THIS!

No comments:

Post a Comment