Wednesday, 28 January 2015

See the USA in Your Chevrolet

Yesterday as I was meeting Tess for coffee on her break she jumped in her car and it wouldn't start. Not even a whimper. Nothing. Dead battery. I wasn't surprised. The battery had only tested at 60% before winter. It was 5-1/2 years old. It was finished.

Off we went to get a new battery. I stopped at the Chev garage and asked them how much for a new battery and then broke up laughing when they told me. "No, you can save that one until you get a sucker walking in."

We rushed up the hill to Lordco Auto Parts where I got an AC Delco at a reasonable price. Well, it was reasonable until we paid taxes and eco levy fees. But still cheaper than the Chev garage where batteries are now, apparently, made from gold instead of lead.

I made a quick stop at my parents next door to grab a handful of wrenches (because I keep none in the truck) and headed back down the hill where a very pleasant surprise awaited.

The battery compartment was right out front, easily accessable, and the same wrench fit the battery hold down bolts and both battery terminals. Old battery out and new battery back in in under ten minutes.

Thank you Chevrolet! When a mechanical klutz like me can change a battery in under ten minutes you built it right!

No comments:

Post a Comment