Friday, 18 April 2014

The Weight

No, this is not a blog about the song by The Band. It is about blubber.

I went to the doctor's yesterday for a prescription and a consultation. My blood pressure was down to 126/77 and she was quite pleased with that. Better still was my weight. I have lost 7 pounds in the last 23 days. I am losing at my goal rate of about 2 pounds a week.

I can do this. I can do this. I have done it before and I can do it again.

I discussed with the Doc my conversation with the brother-in-law, who is a doctor, and his suggestions on how to handle the blood pressure and sugar issues and she was in agreement with them all except she does want me to get the second diabetes test so we have a more accurate baseline to work off of and to make sure I am okay to proceed with a diet and exercise only regime. 

I am struggling right now to get enough exercise in because it is cold and I hate being out in it bust as it warms up it will become easier to get walking every day and easier to walk further for better weight loss.

In the last 23 days I have walked 229.9 kilometers or pretty darn close to 10 kilometers a day.


No comments:

Post a Comment