Saturday, 8 March 2014

I Have A Kold In My Nothe

(Posted to Blogster April 18, 2013)

I have a kold in my nothe.

Last Monday Tess and I made a last minute decision to drive to the city to see my youngest daughter and Gracey, my granddaughter. We phoned to make sure they were free and then jumped in the car.

When we got there Gracey was outside waiting and ran to the car and gave me hugs and kisses and kisses and hugs until I noticed she was sliming me. I grabbed a Kleenex and wiped a very snotty little nose that was running like a faucet and then wiped myself off. My daughter assured me that Gracey didn't have a cold and that her nose always ran when she was outdoors in the cold.

We arrived at lunch time so we all went to the Pizza hut. For the most part I played second fiddle on this trip as Gracey was all into "Lola" Tessie. Grandmother Tessie. We had a great time together and we left late in the afternoon.

By last night I was sneezing, my sinuses were beginning to hurt and then for a while, the faucet started to run but then suddenly stopped.

I got a lousy nights sleep, however, as my nose was congested and I couldn't breath. This morning I still can't breath, my nose and sinues hurt, I am sneezing steadily, and it feels like this is going to drop into my chest, I haven't had a cold in years and I am not happy about getting this one.

And, of course, my daughter phoned this morning to tell me that Gracey was coughing and her nose and eyes were running. Right.

Thanks, Rebecca. Thanks, Gracey.

I have to leave for Vancouver on Saturday, an eight hour drive. I am sure I will feel wonderful the entire way.
Yeah.

Street Hoodlums: Granddaughter Gracey and her friend hanging out on a street corner drinking. Gracey (left) was biking.

No comments:

Post a Comment