Saturday, 8 March 2014

April Showers In May

We are getting our April showers in May it would seem. It is raining the proverbial cats and dogs this morning. Woof. Meow.

Apart from the "humidity" it is quite beautiful outside. Things are greening up nicely. Lots of vibrant, green, grasses are up and the trees are budding giving the hills a green haze. The cottonwood trees are beginning to perfume the air with my most favorite of all smells. Now if it would just warm up, damn it, before this becomes freezing rain.

This is going to raise hell with my walking today. I am now into my weight loss routine. I am cutting calories and walking as much as possible. This weight will come off gain this year. Yesterday I walked 20 kilometers, 12 miles although my calories are still up, 1900 yesterday and 2200 the day before. I need to get my calorie intake down to 1800 a day consistently. That will take a couple of weeks retraining myself to do away with evening snacks and eliminating needles calories.

Actually, it is esier to cut calories when I am exercising regularly then when I am not. Odd.
In any case, the rain will likely cut into the miles today.

I need to find rain pants, rain coat, and a rain hat. They used to make those when I was a kid. Now I can't even find a rain coat. I want one of those old yellow slicker kind with the big, floppy fishermen hats I had as a kid.

(Originally posted to Blogster May 2, 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment