Thursday, 13 March 2014

Another Blogster Failure

Another night, another missed deadline. The missing posts were not restored again and this time not even an announcement that they were not restored or what is happening.

I'm not a betting man but I would bet none of us will ever see that year's worth of missing posts again. It seems to me this is just a money mine for the owners to make as much from as they can while putting as little as they can into it and it must be quite lucrative.

I do not know how many of you access Blogster with an iPad but if you did you would have noticed that everywhere is now clickable on the Blogster main page (or touchable as is the case with tablets) and touching anywhere except precisely on the target brings up an add. Tablets being the way they are I sometimes see 5 ads before I can navigate where I want to go on the iPad. It sucks. And each one of those clicks is revenue for someone.

And let's be clear, here. With databases filling up, hard drives filing up, not restoring those posts becomes a lot cheaper than fixing things, right?

Why are so many of these sites other than Blogger and Wordpress fly by night?
Seriously, folks, we all need another home to go to if things go south here, Be looking and back up any posts you want to keep.


Some of us need to exchange email addresses again too.

No comments:

Post a Comment