Thursday, 12 December 2013

I Never Did Believe It

Once? Maybe. Twice? I dunno. Three, four more? I don't believe it. Turns out I was right.

When the first story came out I thought, okay, in this crazy world we live in it might be true but then the stories kept coming and coming and coming and I knew it was bullshit just like the Matthew Shepherd hate murder turned out to be bullshit.

This hit the news late last week.

Story of homosexual refused tip yet another hoax
A New Jersey couple is reportedly disputing a story that made headlines nationwide about a gay waitress who was left a note criticizing her “lifestyle” instead of a tip, claiming their receipt shows they did leave a tip and didn’t write the note.



Dayna Morales, an ex-Marine and server at Gallop Asian Bistro in Bridgewater, said she received the offensive note on a November 13 receipt. “I’m sorry but I cannot tip because I don’t agree with your lifestyle and how you live your life,” the message read.

The couple, who asked to remain anonymous, contacted the media after the story went viral and produced a receipt that was apparently printed at the same time, on the same date, for the same amount, except with an $18 tip.

A manager and the restaurant owner insisted they had the original ticket for the $93.55 charge, but would not produce the receipt and could not explain why the family’s credit card was charged for more.

The restaurant later said in a statement it was aware of the allegations and had no comment pending an internal investigation.

Story also here at NBC New York.
And here at FOX.

(Posted to Blogster November 26, 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment