Thursday, 7 March 2013

I'm Sorry. So Sorry.

Please excuse me.

Please accept my apologies if I have not read or responded to some of your blogs lately or if I have not been around to comment and banter as much as I have in the past.

Life has been very stressful and tiring with my elderly parents both being sick and a lot of work falling on my shoulders and while both are doing much better that does not always translate into less work or stress. Mother is eating once again, is seemingly always hungry, but that often seems to just give the Alzheimer's more energy. Some days I can handle the same question being asked twenty times and some days it is beyond difficult. Particularly on days, like today, when no amount of explanation works and she becomes angry.

Then there are the regular day to day stresses and worries.

We went to the city on Sunday to see my youngest daughter and Gracey, my granddaughter. Gracey had not been feeling well and it showed and in the end we left early because she was really not feeling well.

The trip back home was an absolute nightmare. It was storming a blizzard mixed with rain and the roads were the worst I have seem them in the 40 years I have lived it. It was 75 miles of white knuckle driving punctuate by moments of sheer terror when I could not find the road. There was no place to pull over and no place to turn around and go back. It was thrilling.

This morning daughter Amy fell down the stairs and while no bones are broken she is on crutches and I will have to take young Silas to daycare and drive her to work for a few days as she cannot drive and she cannot take time off work. An employee she disciplined on Tuesday is now "sick" and needing two weeks off.
Daughter Christina is sick with some female ailment and seeing a specialist.

As for myself I either have a kidney infection, a kidney stone, or, hell, worse. Who knows. I have to get into a doctor myself. I am tired and not feeling well myself.

I was about to start dinner tonight when I said the hell with it and phoned across the street for a pizza. I hate doing that to my parents but I just did not have the energy to cook for them tonight.
I am waiting for something else to happen.

Tess won't be off until 9:30 this evening but I have left the old folks and am back at her house. I am going to lay on the couch and check my eyelids for cracks for a couple hours until she gets home.

So, I haven't given up blogging a couple of times a day and I haven't given up reading those of you I follow or given up commenting. I am just stretched a little thin right now and finding time to myself is difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment