Tuesday, 19 February 2013

This Is My Brother Darrell and This Is My Other Brother Darrell


I am getting really tired of this crap. If it is not one damned thing it is the other damned thing.

Father improves day to day. While I am still doing the chores and household jobs he normally does to keep active he is back to walking the little dog morning and evening. He is making a good recovery.

Mother is a different story. To be fair her wicked cold seems to be better and she is eating again - more with each passing day - she has other issues besides the Alzheimer's.

She is always cold. Always. That is both because she eats so little and also because of a thyroid disorder they are trying to get straightened around. But a lot of her issues are of her own making. She can barley walk because, again, she doesn't eat enough to keep her strength up, and because she sits on her ass all day in the same chair and moves only when she needs to use the bathroom (in that regard she is slightly ahead of the average Yahoo chatter who would sit there and piss themselves). I have been telling her for months now she has to move but she is a stubborn old bitch.

About three weeks ago she started complaining that he groin hurt. Then it was her hip. The last week and a half it has been her lower leg. This morning that lower leg was swollen but, no, she didn't want to go to the doctor.

I finally pulled a scare tactic on her and told her that by sitting on her butt all day this could be DVT or another type of clot. She finally went to the doctor and sure enough they are concerned it is DVT or another type of clot.

She has to go in for an ultrasound tomorrow around noon. If it is below the knee then things are not as serious. If above the knee she will have to go into the hospital to be put on warfarin and watched until it breaks up.

Of course since she sits all the time it could just be blood pooling in her leg so the doctor has ordered some kind of surgical sock that has to be fitted then ordered. Another task for tomorrow morning.

Tess is back to work today but it must have been an easy day or someone actually did their job while she was off because I haven't heard any bitching.

I went to my parents early to check on them (see above), clean the kitchen up, get a load of water for the holding tank, go to market, and had dinner cooked by 1:45. Tonight is easy. Just throw it in the oven to reheat. I love meals like that.

I did not get much sleep last night. Because I wasn't there much last week Tess didn't bother watching the one show we watch together so last night we watched 4 days worth. Then I went to bed and tossed and turned. I woke for a whizz at 5:45 and at that point there is no sense going back to sleep so I laid there until 6:10 when it was rise and shine time.

I have an outstanding book on the go that I am having a hard time finding time to read so as soon as dinner dishes are put away here I may head back down town early and either read or, who knows, check the inside of my eyelids for cracks.

Granddaughter Gracey called me last night and we had a quite the grown up conversation for someone who is only three years and four months.

Gracey phoned to tell me she was going to watch a movie about the Lockness Monster. While she was talking to me she was also calling for her mother to make the popcorn.

The three year old four month child told me it was a scary movie but that you didn't really have to be scared because it was just a movie.

Gracey frightens me. I shudder to think how smart she is going to be in a couple more years if she talks like this now.

Then she asked me if I would take her to a Japanese restaurant to eat. She loves Edo's. I told her I would come up on Sunday and take her. Something got lost however and Rebecca called me back to say Gracey was irritated because she thought I was coming right then. She told her Mom to never mind the movie and had put her boots on. Rebecca had a time explaining to her it would be Sunday.

She is a pistol.

No comments:

Post a Comment