Tuesday, 15 January 2013

We're Having A Heat Wave

We are having a heat wave.

It was supposed to be above freezing today but so far it hasn't gotten there. It has warmed up considerably but it is still minus 10. That should be down right comfortable but it feels colder than it was when it was minus 20. It is the humidity, I suppose. One thing you can count on in the north is that once a cold snap has broken we get feet and inches of snow.

Now there is no snow in the forecast at all but then again they were wrong about the temperature for today too.

This "it feels colder" is probably all in my head. I am way tired of winter already and there is another couple of months to go.

I need to get out for my daily constitutional but am having a hard time getting at it. The thought of being outside and walking for a couple of hours fills me with dread for some reason. Maybe it is time to invest in an exercise bicycle after all and like friend Scott suggested, make a mount on it for my iPad. Well, I probably wouldn't go that far. I might as well start watching TV again and park the bike in front of the tube.

I hate being fat, lazy and tired but at the moment I seem to lack the resources to get off my ass and out the door.

Come on summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment