Wednesday, 22 August 2012

Book Review: When Things Fall Apart

Genre:  Religion & Spirituality
Author: Pema Chodron
Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars

"Suppose there were a place we could go to learn the art of peace, a sort of boot camp for spiritual warriors. Instead of spending hours and hours disciplining ourselves to defeat the enemy, we could spend hours and hours dissolving the causes of war." (Pema Chodron)
I used to be smart enough to read a book once and retain it. Now I sometimes have to read them two or three times to make them 'stick.' (Old age is a bitch.) Other books I fins myself reading twice just because they are so very good. This is one of those that is just so very good it was worth reading twice.

Pema Chodron is not an easy read. I find there is something about her writing style that sometimes makes it hard for me to follow her but then I confess I often have this problem when the writer is from Tibetan Buddhism tradition.
Nonetheless, this book is worth reading and reading again.

(Originally posted to Multiply August 19, 2008)

No comments:

Post a Comment