Tuesday, 21 August 2012

Book Review: It's Easier Than You Think

Genre:  Religion & Spirituality
Author: Sylvia Boorstein
Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars

Sylvia Boorstein is one of my very favorite dharma teachers and I return to her books (and her dharma talks) over and over again. This book is a re-read. I read it for the first time last year and I am repeatedly drawn back to it. This is Boorstein and Buddhism both at their best. This is one of those delightful books I wish I could place in the hands of all my friends and acquaintances.

"In IT'S EASIER THAN YOU THINK, Boorstein delivers a primer on Buddhism, exploring the path to happiness through the Buddha's basic teachings and stressing ways to eliminate hindrances to clear seeing. Her personal stories color the teachings with humor, perception and love. Her presentation is pleasant and heartfelt, the voice of the kindly Jewish grandmother bodhisattva, as she's known in meditation circles. The program has the feel of kitchen table wisdom and concludes with an interesting interview by Michael Toms. P.B.J. © AudioFile 2000, Portland, Maine. " (Amazon)
Get this book. It is a delight and you will not be disappointed.

(Originally posted to Multiply July 31, 2008)

No comments:

Post a Comment