Tuesday, 21 August 2012

Book Review: The Historian

Genre:  Literature & Fiction
Author: Elizabeth Kostova
Rating: 3 out of 5 Stars

I should have loved this book. I should have at least liked it. After all, it has everything going for it: it is well written; it is a best seller; millions of copies have been sold; it has a story line one can't resist; it meanders all over the United States and Europe.

But, I hated it. I hated every single one of its 909 pages and had to force myself to finish this book. I don't know what it was but I hated it. Did I mention I hated it? Did the author think she was getting paid by the word?

I will give this 3 Stars based on it's popularity. But, if I was rating it based on my opinion, it would get 1 Star only. If that. 'Cause it sucked. It really blew.

(Originally posted to Multiply August 1, 2008)

1 comment:

  1. I felt the same way. I expected to love it and didn't. Way over rated.

    ReplyDelete