Thursday, 23 August 2012

Beautiful British Columbia

I was born in a small fishing village on the coast of Maine and have lived in small hamlets and towns and very, very small cities all my life.

Business took me to the large cities from time to time and visiting family still leads me there. I enjoy the first hour or two and then the loathing of the traffic, noise, smell, people, and concrete overwhelms any benefit found in better shopping or entertainment and I long to be home.

I am a country boy and truth is that I pity you people who live in the cities.

These photos were taken a few years ago in the Ghost Lake - Matthew River area of British Columbia's vast interior, just a couple hours west of town. You keep your city, I'll stay here, thank you.






(Originally posted to Multiply September 20, 2008)

No comments:

Post a Comment