Tuesday, 28 August 2012

A Walk In the Snow 2008 (Photos)


I walk for many reasons: as exerise, as meditation, for the beauty. Mostly for exercise, I suppose. I have lost a tonne of weight through walking.

In October I slacked off though. After dieting all summer I was hungrier and with the colder weather my body required more fuel. I stopped losing weight. So I am walking more again and back to eating less.

At this time of year, however, it is hard to get the kilometers in. It isn't light until 8:00 in the morning and the sun has set by 4:30. Not a lot of light to get a big walk in.

Today I walked 18 kilometers in a driving, wet, heavy snow. It stopped snowing in the last 2 kilometers but by then I was soaking wet. An even brisker wind came up and the temperature began to drop. I was one cold cowboy by the time I got back to the car.

Home now I am sipping on my 2nd cup of coffee after having had a hot shower. I am sitting here in my heavy woolen PJ's and I have no intention of going outside the rest of the day. Dinner is cooked, just needs to be heated up. It has started to snow again outside but I am going to curl up with a good book tonight.

"Oh, the weather outside is frightful" but it is warm and comfortable inside so "let it snow, let it snow, let it snow" (because it is all in a song).






























(Originally posted to Multiply November 6, 2008)

No comments:

Post a Comment